7. April 2007

L.A.

Since yesterday I am in the United States, in Los Angeles, California to be precise.
The first thing I saw here was the picture of George W. Bush at the terminal of the airport!
Shortly afterwards I was asked for my finger prints and it was taken a photo from me for "security reasons" without any information about this procedure although I asked for it - as if everybody coming to the States was a potential terrorist. Now the US administration and whoever has acces to the data can do whatsoever with this personal information!
After that institutionalised violation of civil rights I went to the hostel where I got a bed in a 20 bed dorm and found out that the hostel has a pool, free breakfast, tea and dinner and draft beer for a dollar! Welcome to a country not as expensive as Australia - but to not forget the issue of purchasing power here a lot of people earn shit and are forced to do several jobs to survive!
There is a free shuttle bus to Venice beach that I took yesterday with an Australian and an Argentinian girl who are staying at the same hostel. It was nice at the beach but the water was too cold to swim - at least without neoprene swim wear. But I still bought a new swim short because mine's broken since I was under a Litchfield waterfall...
Tonight (we're nine hours back in time) I'll probably go see George Carlin, my favourite US comedian, if I get a ticket for the show - that'd be so great!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hallo Thias!
Monika fragt sich, wie nun Deine swim-short wirklich gefetzt ist..? Denn solche komischen Ausreden überzeugen uns nicht. Weitere Erklärungen wären dann somit erforderlich.
Mach's gut und pass auf den Rest Deiner Klamotten gut auf!
Bisous de Moni & Dany aus Fronkreisch

fabelhaftewelt hat gesagt…

Haha,
vielen Dank für den tollen Beitrag!

 
Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung! Jetzt klicken &handeln! Willst du auch an der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:
Google+